How to create MySQL Database Using CPanel ?
Posted by on 08 July 2016 05:25 PM
If your host uses CPanel for your site management, you can use this visual interface to create the database.
- Log into your CPanel (typically located at http://www.example.com/cpanel for your domain).
- Look for the option to work with databases - it may read Manage MySQL in the Databases box.
- Scroll down to where it says: Db: _________ [add]
- Enter your preferred database name.
This will create a database in the format of
account_databasename, where account is your username with your host, and databasename is the name you've chosen for your database.
- Now scroll down to where it says Users.
- Enter your preferred username and password.
This will create a username in the format of
account_username, where account is your username with your host, andusername is the username you have just created for your new database.
- Now scroll back up to locate the two drop down boxes with a button that says [Add User to Db]
- In the drop down select box on the left, choose your newly created username, and in the box on the right, choose your newly created database.
- Check "All" for Privileges.
Add User to Db.